FOST will implement the following COVID-19 procedures:
COVID Point Of Contact
Our team NWAL rep, Brian Mehok, and Board Secretary, Candace Sanders, will be acting as our team's COVID Point of Contact (COVID POC) to respond any questions from the membership related to these COVID recommendations for practice and dual meets, and to ensure that our team is following them. Brian will also keep us updated with all the prevailing recommendations from the CDC, Harris Country and NWAL.
- Coaches will be wearing masks on deck and we ask that swimmers wear one while not in the pool
- The coaches will use deck markers to maintain social distancing for groups while on deck
- Special traffic patterns to enter and exit the pool, for basic drills, pace training and dive starts will be implemented to maintain social distancing
- Should in-water instruction be required, coaches and/or volunteers should wear masks at all times
- As per our normal rules, parents are not allowed on the pool deck
For Home Meets
- Parents are asked to wear masks while on the pool deck
- There will be an area marked off for parents to watch their child swim
- There will be specific entrance and exit gates set up for the swimmers/parents
- The Ready Bench will be modified for effective social distancing
- One heat will be lined up at the blocks at a time
- Number of volunteers on deck will be reduced (e.g. 2 timers and no scribes, less Stroke & Turn officials) and will have masks
- Swimmers should wear a face mask until arriving at the starting blocks. After swimming their event, swimmers should re-apply their face masks before departing the area
- Sanitizer will be provided at locations around the pool deck for use by swimmers and/or volunteers
- Concessions will be located outside the pool area in our normal area. Menus will be limited. We will update what will be available closer to the Black vs Green meet.
- Parents will setup in the normal areas from past years. Visiting teams will setup under the pavilion.
Prior to coming to the pool for any activity, everyone (swimmers, parents, guardians, volunteers) should self-screen by answering the following questions. If one answered YES to ANY question below, that person must not come to the pool:
- Do I feel sick in any way, dizzy, have a cough, have shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Do I have a fever, sore throat, chills, headache, loss of taste or smell or diarrhea?
- Have I been in close contact with anyone known to have tested positive for COVID-19?